Wednesday, August 26, 2009

2nd Grade

Summer is officially over here in the Evans household.  We closed our shaved ice stand for the last time last night and Ali started her first day of 2nd grade today.  She was pretty excited to go see all of her friends again and get use to the school routine.  She was sad to say goodbye to swimming and playing at home all of the time.  Grant was excited for her too and kept saying "Ali gool, Ali teacher", but had a rough morning because he knew something was going down.  He kept clinging to me and wanting me to hold him.  Once Ali was gone he played just fine by himself and I think we will do just fine without her.  Ali wouldn't let me walk her into class today, she is too old for that I guess, but I saw her outside playing as I drove away and she seemed to be right back in the swing of things.   



This is Ali's new lunch bag that she ADORES because she thinks it looks like a purse.  


 Just a little side note:  I'm soooo glad I'm done with that ice stand!  Until next summer we get to enjoy that shaved ice in the convenience of our own home!!

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Ali really looks like a second grader. She is getting so grown up and mature looking! Glad she is finally back in school and the shack is finally CLOSED!! yay

Karina & John Calderwood said...

Ali looks like she is at least 10 in that pic. She is so grown up. Enjoy your time off from the shack!

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

We LOVE seeing pix of the kids -- Ali is soooo cute all "decked-out" in her new school clothes -- what a little sweetheart she is!!!
It sounds like the ice shack was a busy place this summer -- how did you like your new business?
Hugs & kisses to all of you. We love you LOTS!

Leslie Pond said...

I am so glad that you got to close the dang shack. That took a lot of time. We miss you guys!

Rebecs said...

Trisha,

I have thought to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHdAY like 10 times today, and am finally sitting down at the computer to do so. So... HAPPY HAPPY 29th BIRTHDAY! I hope it was fabulous!