Sunday, June 1, 2008

UH OH!!!!

Since Jake has moved out I have been getting his room ready for Ali to move downstairs.  She hasn't been too excited about it because it is in the basement where she would be all by herself.  So, to get her happy about it we told her she could decorate it anyway she wants.  She went to Home Depot and got a little Disney pamphlet and found the most pink room she could.  Here is a picture of the work in progress.  The reason it is still a work in progress is because we ran into some complications on Saturday.

I was just finishing up the dark pink ribbon on Saturday when Grant (who can not crawl) figured out a way to get to the paint can and pull it over on him and the carpet.  
I always make fun of those moms who really think to take pictures of their kids when they have made a horrible disaster.  I always say that I would be too busy screaming and yelling to even think of taking pictures, but I did think of it after I threw Grant in the tub.  However, I didn't take it because he was cute.  I took it so his father could see him when he got home from work.  And as you can see there are tears in his eyes because there was screaming involved.

    
So now I guess Ali gets a completely new room with a new paint job and new carpet!  I will take pictures of the room when it is all done later. 

4 comments:

Karina & John Calderwood said...

Oh my goodness. No WAY! I would have freaked.

Chad and Teri said...

Your kids are so cute, even covered in paint. I wouldn't have had the idea to take a picture either.

Trisha said...

I love Ali's new paint job...and Grant's aint' bad either! We laughed sooooo hard when we saw Grant, but then there was the matter of those tears, that broke our hearts! He's so cute, even in pink! gramma k

Cheryl said...

Naughty!! Cute room though....love it.