So, I have been in a weird mood lately. One of those moods where you feel like your whole house is dirty and needs some work. So instead of just cleaning it I decided that I was sick of my ugly orange kitchen cabinets. Ever since we put in the wood floors I felt like the cabinets were gross. So I told Danny something needed done. We can't even think about being able to afford all new cabinets so I was determined to find a way to give them a better look. After much trial and error, this is what we came up with. They may not look like it in pictures, but they are a much needed improvement. So for almost the past week I have been painting, painting again, staining, rubbing off the stain, staining again, rubbing that coat off, and then putting on polyurethane. I am very pleased, if I do say so myself. This color is much more calming than the orange was. So, I wish I could say next are the appliances, but I can only dream for now. Danny just bought me new bedroom furniture for my birthday so now I move to the bedroom and work on it for awhile.
(Before)
(during, top is done bottom isn't)
(After)

9 comments:
Oh my gosh, what a difference! They look great Trish! You deserve a nice tall lemonade for all that hard work. :)
Move over Martha....Trish is in town.
looks pretty good! you are way too ambitious
Looks good, very good -- I wish I had half the energy you do. Kudos to you!!
I'm just so proud that I have a daughter with such ambition and drive. I would like to say how proud I am of you, but I can't take any credit for your accomplishments, I can only say, I wanna be like you someday when I grow up! I look up to you every day. Love ya, Mom
I must once again say how impressive and handy you are. They look awesome!
Wow Trisha! They look great! It always feels so good to work really hard like that and to get such great results.
OK so I was shamelessly blog-hoppin' and I saw that you like to do the same kind of stuff that I do! Great job! Are you going to do more home imp. projects? I am adding you to my 'Friends of Friend's and Their Friends' list so I can peek in now and then...and by all means take a peek at my blog, too!
Loralee :)
I'm glad you 'hopped' onto my blog! I think I found yours through the Hough's, but I'm not sure where I started from. It's great that you know the Stellmon's too. I love and miss that family! They were in our ward before they moved to Clarkston. Tell them "HI" for me!
Loralee :)
Post a Comment