Monday, October 13, 2008

my little helpers

We have been really busy the past couple of weeks doing odd ball things.  I haven't taken too many pictures, but I wanted to update my blog.  I took this movie clip the other day of Ali and Grant cleaning out the dishwasher.  Also listen for Grant to bark for me.  That is one of his new tricks.  Whenever he sees an animal or we say doggy he barks for us.


This is how my husband puts things together.  While I was painting the kitchen cabinets, my new bedroom furniture was shipped.  So Daniel decided it was his job to put it all together.  I love doing stuff like that, but had to finish my cabinets.  The funny thing is that we do things totally different.  I just dive right in and start putting things together and glance at the instructions.  This picture was taken after Danny spent 45 min. just laying everything out for our dresser.  As you can see everything is neatly lined up and laid nicely on styrofoam (even the drawer rails).  I was going crazy inside knowing that he was spending so much time on 1 of 4 bedroom pieces. 
And after 3 days of Danny putting it all together we finally have bedroom furniture.  I know the walls are bare, I just finished painting the room when I took this picture.  Hopefully now I can do some shopping and decorate.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

That was Cute! He is following in Ali's footsteps for being a big helper! He was pretty good at the silverware thing! They are growing up so fast...I can't stand it! Oh, and that picture of Daniel...CRACKS ME UP!! I can't say I would expect anything less from him. ha

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

Such industrious individuals!! It makes me tired just to see all those parts, I'm glad it's your puzzle and not mine. HA!
Your kids are darling -- such GOOD helpers, I noticed Ali didn't get that last spoon for Grant, just helped him get it easier. Sooooo cute!!! And good training by Mom.
Love ya' all. Grandma

Karina & John Calderwood said...

haha! John and I loved the clip of Grant helping with the dishes. He is such a good little helper! Way to train him....train 'em early!!!

Katie said...

Dito, what everyone else said. I love how Grant barks. Pretty dang cute.

Blanchards said...

Grant is so cute Trisha!...he definitely didn't learn that skill from his dad! Just kidding. Hope all is well. Rach

Give Ali a big kiss for me...I miss her!